Turkish passport 2022 is an international transit card
- The importance of the Turkish passport
- Advantages of the Turkish passport
- How to obtain Turkish citizenship through investment
- Reasons for preferring real estate investment in acquiring Turkish citizenship
- Turkish passport types
- Required documents for Turkish citizenship by buying a property
- Why get a Turkish passport?
Many foreigners are keen to invest in Turkey to obtain Turkish citizenship and hold a Turkish passport, and this is one of the strong reasons behind the flourish real estate market in Turkey recently, especially since the Turkish government started working to encourage investment and trying seriously to improve the investment environment, especially Real estate investment laws, which attracted many investors to purchase real estate in Turkey with the aim of investing and obtaining Turkish citizenship.
From the second half of 2018 until now, there are about 20.000 foreigners who obtained Turkish citizenship, according to data issued by the Directorate of Land Registry , after it was 70 foreigners in the period from 2017 to mid-2018, and after the amendment the law of obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment, the number of Turkish passport holders up and reached nearly 7,500 foreigners whose got Turkish citizenship between 2019-2020, by buying properties with 250,000 dollars, and this number reached to 17,986 investors in November 2021, bringing the total recipients in the past five years to 20,000.
Iranian investors come in the first place among the other nationalities obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment, according to the report issued by the Directorate of Land Registry, and the Afghans comes in the second place, and Iraqis at third place, Yemenis at fourth, Chinese fifth, Palestinians sixth, Jordanians seventh, Lebanese eighth, Egyptians ninth, and Pakistanis tenth.
The importance of the Turkish passport
The Turkish passport is ranked in 53rd according to the "Guide" index for passport ranking, and Turkey passport holders have the possibility to travel to 111 travel destinations around the world without visa or obtain a visa on arrival to many countries such as Brazil, Qatar, Albania and South Korea, Turkish passport allows to its holders immediate travel to many countries around the world, however, Turkey passport holders will need to obtain a prior visa to enter about 118 countries including China, all EU countries and India.
The Turkish passport is also ranked at 38th according to the Henley Passport Index, with a score of 114 on the visa-free travel index, as passport holders can enter 45 countries with a visa on arrival, the visa is taken at arrival in the airport without applying to visa, Turkish passport holders also can travel to 7 countries with electronic authorization or online visa (E-Visa).
Advantages of the Turkish passport
• you are free to travel to more than 111 countries
• Eligibility to the Investor Visa (E-2) program in the United States of America.
• granting free education to your children in school and university.
• granting Turkish citizenship to the newborns
• Free medical care for all citizens.
• The possibility of obtaining Turkish citizenship without the need to actually live in Turkey.
• Retirees benefit from retirement programs as Turkish citizens.
• you have the right to vote in all types of elections.
• you are allowed to have another citizenship.
• Turkish passport is valid for 10 years and you can renew it for lifetime.
• Flexibility of dual citizenship, in case that you live in a country that does not allow to have another nationality such as Germany, Turkey has a turquoise card program that gives you full Turkish citizen rights except voting in elections in Turkey.
How to obtain Turkish citizenship through investment
Buying real estate with amount 250.000 dollars provided that not to be sold before 3 years from purchasing date.
Depositing 500.000 dollars in a Turkish bank for 3 years.
Opening a company with capital 500.000 Dollars.
But according to Turkish official reports, real estate investment was the easiest way to obtain Turkish citizenship and having Turkish passport.
Reasons for preferring real estate investment in acquiring Turkish citizenship
• The required amount to obtain Turkish citizenship in real estate investment is 50% less than other ways.
• Having a profitable investment income by renting the property or you can live in.
• Real estate investment is a safe investment away from the risks of profit and loss, and Turkish citizenship procedures can be started immediately after getting the Tapu (title deed), and you will obtain your Turkish ID within 45 days and up to a maximum of 90 days.
• The investor can sell the property after three years, as real estate prices in Turkey are rising annually, this why Turkey are considered one of the most countries in the world with a high investment value of real estate.
Turkish passport types
1- General Turkish passport (red passport): It is a red public passport that most of Turkish citizens are holding, and it is the same passport that foreigners obtain when applying for citizenship.
2- Special passport (Green Turkish Passport): The state grants it to the officials’ employees whose working in government institutions such as retired parliamentarians, ministers from outside parliament, employees and retirees of the Banking Supervision and Regulation Institution. It is also granted to their families for a period of 5 years after fulfilling certain conditions.
3- Special passport (gray passport): it is stamped by the service and issued to people working abroad for the country, and its duration is limited to the duration of the assignment.
4- Diplomatic passport (black passport): used by government officials in Turkey, and it has special privileges, as its holders can enter many countries without a visa.
Required documents for Turkish citizenship by buying a property
• A copy of Tapu (the title deed of the property that was purchased), or the contract of sale certified at the notary.
• A valid real estate evaluation report, and be aware that the validity period of real estate evaluation reports is just 3 months.
• Original payment receipts from the buyer's account, stamped with a live seal from the sending bank.
• Original received receipts from the investor's account, stamped with a live seal from the receiving bank.
These receipts are the approved proof that proves that the value of the property has been paid and transferred from the investor's account to the buyer's account.
• Two copies of the legal proxy to attorney for applying for citizenship, as the investor must hire a legal team to submit the citizenship file, and follow up with the official departments. The agency must be certified at the notary.
• In case that the investor's wife or husband will be added to the citizenship file, a legal proxy to attorney must be submitted for each of the spouses, or can submit with one joint proxy for the investor and his wife.
• Translating the passport of the investor to Turkish language, certified by the notary in Turkey for all family members, husband and wife, as well as the passports of children under the age of 18.
• Civil status document: whether it is a marriage contract or any other document that proves the marital status of the applicant, whether he is single or married.
• Birth certificate or any other document that proves birth information such as civil registration for all family members (and it must include the names of the parents for each applicant).
• Family statement document or family book.
• 2 biometric personal photos (recent for all family members).
• All documents issued outside Turkey must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the investor’s country from which the document was issued, and by the Turkish consulate or embassy in that country.
• If it is not possible to certify the documents from the Turkish embassy in the investor’s country issuing the document, it must be certified by the embassy of the investor's country in Turkey, and attested by the governor after its translation and attestation by the notary public.
The legal team applies for the real estate residency of the investor until the government departments agree to grant him Turkish citizenship.
Why get a Turkish passport?
In addition to all of the above about the advantages of this Turkish passport, but there are many other privileges that were a major reason for the foreigner's desire to obtain it, and through the following paragraph we will refer to the most prominent of them:
First: The exceptional location of Turkey:
- It is distinguished by its location between three continents.
- Close to the Arab world.
- It spans two continents at the same time (Asia and Europe).
- It is surrounded by four seas (Black Sea - Aegean Sea - Black Sea - Marmara Sea).
Second: A developed economic country:
It cannot be neglected to mention that the Turkish economy is competing with and surpassing the most important countries around the world. According to a European study conducted on this matter, by 2030, it is expected to be ranked fifth in the world, surpassing many of the economies of important countries.
As for the reasons that will make the Turkish economy in that rank, it is due to two things: the first is the young demographic structure + continuous economic growth.
Third: Advanced Infrastructure:
Turkey has many important infrastructure projects, which was one of the main reasons that encouraged the investor to invest in Turkey, especially in the real estate sector, where he can easily obtain Turkish citizenship and then the Turkish passport. And do not forget that infrastructure projects have a significant impact on the real estate field, as they lead to an increase in their prices, especially in those areas close to them.
Among the most famous of these projects (Istanbul New Airport - New Istanbul Water Canal - Basaksehir Medical City - Metro Lines - Metrobus - Universities - Bridges such as Canakkale, which was opened recently - tunnels such as Eurasia, which is located on the Asian side of Istanbul) and many others.
By obtaining Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport, you will be able to live and settle legally in Turkey, where a safe life is different from the conditions in which the countries of the Middle East live, which made it an important alternative to it, and there are also those who choose it instead of European countries where the cost of living is high.
It is very easy to integrate with Turkish society, especially if we are talking about Arab immigrants, where there are many common customs and traditions between the two societies in addition to the common Islamic religion.
In this context, it must be noted that the Turkish state is one of the developed industrial countries that suited businessmen and investors to start their projects, as its good relations with the most important countries of the world made it easy to export their products to them, thus enhancing their chances of obtaining more profits.
A detailed report on the Turkish passport presented to you by the editorial team at Ramzy Real Estate Company. We hope that you have obtained a lot of knowledge and adequate answers about all your inquiries. You can visit our website constantly to see everything related to the Turkish passport and the latest developments in obtaining Turkish citizenship because we constantly monitor you with everything new.
On May 13, 2022, the Turkish government issued a decision to raise the amount of obtaining Turkish citizenship through the purchase of real estate to a value of 400,000 dollars instead of 250,000 dollars. The decision has been implemented starting in 12th June 2022.
The investor has the right to buy a real estate or several properties with the new amount of $400,000 in order to obtain citizenship, provided that the investor must keep the property for 3 years and he mustn’t sell the property he purchased for the purpose of citizenship before 3 years from the date of purchasing. For more information about the Turkish citizenship law and its conditions, click here.
At Ramzy Real Estate Company, we are glad to accompany you on the journey of buying property in Turkey and to provide you with a range of services to make the process smooth and easy , as we are always keen to present a variety of options for residential and investment properties in addition to helping you obtain Turkish citizenship for those looking for it.
- Legal advice .
- Property Management.
- After-sales services .
- Legal services and obtaining Turkish citizenship.
- Buying and selling real estate in Turkey.
- For more details, you can contact us via the communication platforms or via the WhatsApp attached on the site.
Editing by Ramzy Real Estate Team ©
related articles :
buying property in Istanbul
Istanbul luxury real estate
Turkish citizenship by investment
Istanbul property prices 2020-2021
Turkish citizenship by buying property
Real estate prices in Turkey 2020-2021
Istanbul property investment
Villas for sale in Istanbul European side
obtain permanent residence in Turkey
cheap apartments for sale in Istanbul 2020-2021
#apartments #istanbul #turkish_citizinship