Find out all the required documents to obtain Turkish citizenship.
Many foreigners are keen to obtain Turkish citizenship to live in Turkey, because of Turkey has become an excellent destination for stability, living and investment during the last ten years.
The Turkish government has facilitated the procedures for obtaining its citizenship, whether through direct investment or through buying real estate, in addition to the laws allow to give Turkish citizenship for exceptional cases to some nationalities, if you want to know the laws for obtaining Turkish citizenship click here.
The reasons for foreigners’ desire to obtain citizenship and a Turkish passport are due to several reasons, including that Turkish passport ranks 53rd according to the Passport Guide Index, as Turkish passport holders have the possibility to travel without a visa to 111 travel destinations around the world or obtain a visa once they arrive to many countries such as Brazil, Qatar, Albania and South Korea, this passport allows holders to travel immediately to many countries around the world, however, Turkey passport holders will need to obtain a visa to enter about 118 countries including China and all other countries European Union and India.
Ways to obtain Turkish citizenship :
Turkish law put the conditions for giving Turkish citizenship for those wishing to obtain it. Turkish law detailed the categories that can apply for citizenship in general, which are:
-Obtaining citizenship by birth
-There is one of the family member (father, brother, mother or son) of the applicant who has previously obtained Turkish citizenship.
-Completion of university education in Turkey.
-There is Turkish or Ottoman origins for the applicant.
-Marriage to a Turkish citizen
-Getting the citizenship by adoption, Turkey allows its citizens to adopt children. Therefore, if a Turkish citizen (or a Turkish family) adopts an immature foreign child, it allows him to get citizenship.
-Granting exceptional cases by government decision.
-Obtaining citizenship through investment by purchasing a property in Turkey worth 250 thousand dollars, or establishing a company or business in Turkey, or making a bank deposit of 500 thousand dollars in a Turkish bank.
The papers required to be submitted to obtain citizenship vary according to the applicant’s category. But in this article, we will focus on the papers required in for investor who purchases a property worth 250 thousand dollars and the stages that the investor’s file goes through since submitting the documents until he receives his Turkish identity and his new passport.
The required documents to obtain Turkish citizenship :
- The investor’s original passport, translated by a translator, and certified by a notary, and also the passport of each member of his family; Wife and children under the age of 18, translated into Turkish and certified by the Notre.
- The title deed of a real estate known as Tapu, or the sales contract certified by the Noter.
- A real estate evaluation report issued by an evaluation office licensed by Turkish government, and its period must not exceed 3 months from the date of submitting the application, and the value of the property recorded in the real estate appraisal report and the amount recorded in the title deed or the sale contract should be the same.
- A certificate of conformity of the property with the terms of the Turkish Nationality Law, issued by the Land Registry Department.
- Payment receipts from the buyer's own bank account, stamped with the seal of the sending bank, and the total value of the receipts must be in the amount of 250 thousand US dollars or its equivalent in Turkish lira or more.
- Receipts from the seller's bank account (whether individuals or construction companies), stamped with the seal of the receiving bank.
- Earthquake insurance called (DASK) for each apartment.
- A document proving the investor's civil status, such as a marriage contract or any other document that proves the civil status of the applicant, whether he is married or single, issued by the authorities in the investor's country and translated into Turkish, and certified by the Turkish consulate located in the country of the applicant.
- Power of attorney from the investor to a lawyer to initiate the procedures for the Turkish citizenship file; The agency must be approved by the Notary inside Turkish territory, or at a Turkish consulate abroad.
- If the wife or husband is desired to be included in the buyer’s nationality file, one common agency can be made by the spouses to the lawyer, or an independent agency can be submitted to each of them.
- In cases of divorce, the buyer must provide the mother’s written approval to give her children under the age of 18.
- A Birth certificate for the wife, husband and children under the age of 18, extracted from the hospital in which they were born, translated and certified by Notary, or any document proving birth information; Such as civil registration records, or a civil status document, provided that the name of both the father and the mother’s name are clearly recorded on each document, for each family member.
- Family card, translated into Turkish and certified by the Turkish Consulate.
- A tax number from the Turkish Tax Department, for each family member.
- Paying the Turkish citizenship application tax (the form).
Real estate Turkish citizenship application form.
- Biometric personal photos (with a white background) for each individual required to obtain in the submitted file.
Status of the second wife
If a person is married to more than one wife, he must choose only one wife to obtain Turkish citizenship, and he must obtain the approval of the second wife through the Notary.
We should note that holders of some nationalities may need to submit additional documents, such as Palestinians who holds travel documents, they should obtain a permit residence in Turkey, before purchasing a property. Also Palestinian citizen who holds a travel document from another country can apply for Turkish citizenship If his property compliance with specifications to the terms.
As well as people who do not hold the nationality of any country, such as the Bidoon in Kuwait, the same applies to them. They can come to Turkey under a temporary travel document, then obtain a permit residence in Turkey, then buy a property in Turkey, and then apply for Turkish citizenship.
The Phases that the citizenship file goes through :
The Immigration Department sends the applicant’s file to Ankara, and there the investor’s file passes through several Phases, and they vary according to the age of the investor, and the strength of the applicants documents, according to the previous conditions and criteria:
- The first phase is registering and approving the application, and it takes from one week to 25 days from the day the file was submitted.
- The second phase is sending the file to the General Directorate in charge for studying the file, and it takes from two weeks to a month.
- The third phase is primary verification of the validity of the documents in the file, from one day to two weeks.
- The fourth phase, It is the deep review of studying the documents and their transfer to the authority for evaluation, which is the most important phase ever, and this may last for several months before the decision is made to move to the fifth phase.
- The fifth phase: sending a document within the list of applicants for approval by the Council of Ministers.
- The sixth phase is making a decision regarding the file by the Council of Ministers.
- The seventh phase is the result through the authority where the file was submitted.
Follow up your citizenship file :
Once the applicant's Turkish citizenship file is approved, the investor and his family obtain immediate residency, printed by the employee, and the investor can follow all the process of his file via the electronic link launched by the Turkish government, through which all applicants can trace their files.
How can I obtain Turkish citizenship?
Certainly, you know that Turkish citizenship can be obtained in many different ways, and this is precisely what made it the first choice for many people, foreigners, investors and businessmen around the world.
Through the following paragraph, we will learn together about the most important methods and ways in which one can obtain that citizenship.
First, real estate investment in Turkey is one of the most important ways to apply for this citizenship, and it is also the fastest way, as it does not take more than 3 to 4 months as a maximum.
One of the most important conditions that must be met with the right property to obtain Turkish citizenship is that its price be at least 400,000 US dollars + a pledge not to sell it before three years have passed.
The second option available to you to obtain this citizenship is to deposit an amount of at least 500,000 US dollars in a Turkish bank for a period of at least three years.
It can also be obtained through a financial investment of at least 500 thousand US dollars, or the purchase of bonds or shares of the same amount.
One of the most famous ways that allows you to obtain it is to marry a Turkish citizen, but it is not possible to apply for it until three years have passed since the date of marriage until it is confirmed that the marriage is real and not for the sake of citizenship only and also to make sure that the foreigner does not constitute any danger to public security in Turkey.
Conditions for applying for Turkish citizenship:
Below you can see all the conditions that must be met by those who wish to apply for Turkish citizenship, which are as follows:
He must be over the age of eighteen.
To be of full mental strength and not suffering from any mental illness.
Not to be a carrier of any contagious disease so as not to negatively affect public health.
He must not have a judicial record or the like.
To reside in Turkey for at least five continuous years.
To be familiar with the basic rules of the Turkish language enough to communicate with society.
He must have a stable source of work.
Of the many questions that certainly come to your mind are (the most prominent advantages of obtaining that citizenship), there are many important nationalities in the world that offer many advantages to its holder.
Through the following points, you can identify all the advantages of that nationality:
Obtaining dual citizenship.
Give it to all family members.
Benefit from Turkish citizenship rights.
Participation in political life and vote in elections.
Benefit from public services such as schools and receive treatment in both private and government centers.
The possibility of obtaining distinguished job opportunities in both the public and private sectors.
On May 13, 2022, the Turkish government issued a decision to raise the amount of obtaining Turkish citizenship through the purchase of real estate to a value of 400,000 dollars instead of 250,000 dollars. The decision has been implemented starting in 12th June 2022.
The investor has the right to buy a real estate or several properties with the new amount of $400,000 in order to obtain citizenship, provided that the investor must keep the property for 3 years and he mustn’t sell the property he purchased for the purpose of citizenship before 3 years from the date of purchasing.
At Ramzy Real Estate Company, we are glad to accompany you on the journey of buying property in Turkey and to provide you with a range of services to make the process smooth and easy , as we are always keen to present a variety of options for residential and investment properties in addition to helping you obtain Turkish citizenship for those looking for it.
- Legal advice .
- Property Management.
- After-sales services .
- Legal services and obtaining Turkish citizenship.
- Buying and selling real estate in Turkey.
- For more details, you can contact us via the communication platforms or via the WhatsApp attached on the site.
Editing by Ramzy Real Estate Team ©
related articles :
buying property in Istanbul
Istanbul luxury real estate
Turkish citizenship by investment
Istanbul property prices 2020-2021
Turkish citizenship by buying property
Real estate prices in Turkey 2020-2021
Istanbul property investment
Villas for sale in Istanbul European side
obtain permanent residence in Turkey
cheap apartments for sale in Istanbul 2020-2021
#apartments #istanbul #turkish_citizinship