Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship
Many people and investors are turning to obtain Turkish citizenship in particular, but why Turkey alone? And what distinguishes Turkish citizenship?
It is no secret that one of the great developments that Turkey has achieved during the past few years, as the country witnessed a great economic renaissance that affected all sectors of trade, industry and real estate, and this is what made the country the focus of attention of Arab and foreign investors to achieve abundant profits, and the Turkish government has worked to provide Many facilities and many laws that encourage investment in Turkey, especially the law on obtaining Turkish citizenship, in several ways and means, but certainly there are some controls and conditions that must be available for those who want to obtain Turkish citizenship.
Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship:
- The applicant must be 18 years old, which is the legal age in Turkey, and he must also have mental capabilities and be able to make decisions in the sense that he is a sane adult.
- It is necessary for a person to have a steady job through which he can secure a monthly income that suffices him and his family without needing any social assistance.
- It is also important for a person to have good morals and a good conduct among his neighbors, colleagues at work and everyone who deals with them, and not to be a problematic person.
- It is also necessary for the person to at least understand the Turkish language well and to be able to speak it to some extent in order to be able to deal and communicate with employees in government departments as well as with people on the street.
- A person must perform a medical examination through which to ensure that he is healthy, physically healthy, and does not carry any communicable diseases that would affect public health in Turkey.
- A person must have a clean criminal record and not pose any threat to national security in Turkey.
And also, the period of residence in Turkey must be not less than five full years, and that he must not reside outside Turkey for more than six months at a time.
- There are some conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment, as it is necessary for the price of the property or real estate group to reach a minimum of $ 250,000 and this is evaluated by specific companies through a document called the real estate appraisal document, and it is also necessary for the property to be Registered in the Tabu Department and to be purchased from a person who holds Turkish citizenship and that the amount is paid through the bank and not in cash, and the applicant’s nationality must be one of the nationalities allowed to own real estate in Turkey, and after purchasing the property, it must be kept for a period of three At least years without ever selling it.
- There are some conditions for those who want to obtain Turkish citizenship by marrying a Turkish citizen or citizen, as it is necessary that this marriage last for at least three years and that it is aimed at forming a real family and that the person does not pose a threat to public security and in the event of a divorce After that, a person can retain his Turkish citizenship in the event that it has not been proven that the marriage was for the purpose of that only.
- And in the event of applying for Turkish citizenship through proof of assets, it is necessary to submit all papers and documents that prove assets, followed by a stay in Turkey for at least two years before submitting the application for citizenship.
Necessary documents to obtain Turkish citizenship:
1- The passport of the applicant and also of every member of his family who want to obtain Turkish citizenship, provided that it is translated into the Turkish language and certified by the official authorities.
2- Two recent personal photos for each individual.
3- A family statement or family book certified by the official authorities.
4- Certified birth certificate for each family member.
5- The title deed (tapu) of the real estate, in the event that it is submitted through real estate investment in Turkey.
6- The real estate appraisal document for the property that has been purchased, and this is valid for 3 months after its extraction.
7 - The payment receipt to the bank to prove payment of the full amount due in exchange for the purchase of the property.
8- Receipt from the bank for the seller, indicating receipt of the full amount of money in exchange for the sale of the property.
There is no doubt that Turkish citizenship possesses many advantages, as once you carry it, you will become a Turkish citizen enjoying all the rights and duties of the Turks and can benefit from Turkish commercial relations with neighboring countries as well as the importance of the Turkish passport, which allows its holder to enter a large number of countries. Without the need for a visa and many other features.
On May 13, 2022, the Turkish government issued a decision to raise the amount of obtaining Turkish citizenship through the purchase of real estate to a value of 400,000 dollars instead of 250,000 dollars. The decision has been implemented starting in 12th June 2022.
The investor has the right to buy a real estate or several properties with the new amount of $400,000 in order to obtain citizenship, provided that the investor must keep the property for 3 years and he mustn’t sell the property he purchased for the purpose of citizenship before 3 years from the date of purchasing. For more information about the Turkish citizenship law and its conditions, click here.
related articles :
Investing in Istanbul ... All you need to know !!
Globally rank of the Turkish passport
Cheapest apartments for sale in Turkey 2021
Turkey Open Market for Real Estate
apartments for sale in Istanbul
Buying Real Estate Online in Turkey
Features and benefits of Turkish citizenship
Types of residency in Turkey
The cheapest Istanbul apartments 2021
Real estate investment in Turkey
villas for sale in turkey
How to obtain Turkish citizenship
Three Questions before buying a property in Turkey
Transfer money to and from Turkey
Get to know Basaksehir area in Istanbul
#apartments #istanbul #turkish_citizinship